Available in four trim levels : RS, LT, LTZ and Eco, the 2011 Chevrolet Cruze is the first in a family of all-new small and compact cars designed to offer excellent fuel economy, high quality and top safety ratings.
The 2011 Chevrolet Cruze is powered by a new generation of highly efficient, small-displacement engines, including the Ecotec 1.4L turbo and the Ecotec 1.8L. The Ecotec 1.4L turbo is standard on Eco, LT and LTZ models and helps the Cruze Eco achieve an estimated 40 mpg on the highway (with a standard six-speed manual transmission), which is expected to be the best fuel economy in the compact segment.
The axle ratio on the manual-transmission model is also optimized for fuel economy, while helping the car deliver confident performance. Chevrolet estimates the Cruze Eco will deliver 0-60 mph performance of about 10 seconds with the manual transmission and nine seconds with the six-speed automatic.
?The Cruze Eco delivers hybrid-like efficiency without the price tag,? said Jim Campbell, U.S. vice president, Chevrolet marketing. ?Along with the Volt electric vehicle, it demonstrates how Chevrolet is A lower front grille air shutter that closes at higher speeds to improve aerodynamics and opens at lower speeds to optimize engine-cooling airflow
Standard and available equipment includes:
- Ten standard air bags, including frontal, front-seat side-impact air bags, roof rail head curtain, rear-seat side air bags and new front knee air bags
- Bluetooth, USB connectivity, XM Satellite Radio and navigation system
- Standard OnStar to include Directions and Connections service
- MacPherson strut front suspension and Z-link rear suspension, with 16-, 17- and 18-inch wheels
- Standard StabiliTrak electronic stability control with rollover sensing, traction control and anti-lock brakes
Chevrolet engineers have already logged more than 4 million miles in quality and durability testing worldwide, making Cruze one of the most real world-tested products prior to a U.S. launch. It is backed by Chevrolet?s five-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty ? the best coverage